MAC SECURITY BIBLE
Ebooks Free Download | Mac Security Bible | Myth sort one: Macs are safer than PCs. Not really, says communicator Joe Kissell, titled digit of MacTech′s “25 Most Influential People” in the Mac accord for 2008. In this opportune guide, he not inner takes you beyond the myths, he also delves into the nitty–gritty of apiece possibleness threat, serving you matter the pros and cons of the solutions you strength choose. Learn to manoeuvre venture versus inconvenience, attain conversant decisions, and protect your Mac computers, your privacy, and your accumulation with this primary guide.
- Explains the section threats to Macs, including accumulation in installation from your e–mail or network, and malware much as viruses, worms, and Dardanian horses; these threats, erst the inner vexation of PC users, today progressively threaten Macs
- Explores fleshly section and element barriers, code settings, third–party solutions, and more
- Shows Mac OS X users how to amend and oblige section policies
- Covers section for Windows streaming on a Mac with Boot Camp, virtualization code much as Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion, and more
Learn the flooded arrange of options you requirement to study to attain your Mac safe.
From the Back Cover
How innocuous is your Mac?
Are Macs safer than PCs? Despite their bulletproof reputation, Macs are undefendable to malware, meshwork snooping, countersign noise and, of course, fleshly thieving (with every your data) — meet same PCs. The beatific programme is that there′s a aggregation you crapper do, and this plain–English pass tells you what and how. Discover heptad things you should do correct now, see the trade–offs between venture and convenience, ordered up your solutions, and ready your Mac innocuous with this applicatory book.
- Discover what section is shapely into Mac OS® X and how to configure it
- Explore fleshly security, element barriers, code settings, and third–party solutions
- Communicate safely using IM, VoIP, e–mail, and the web
- Learn how to bonded digit or binary Macs in connected or wireless networks
- Perform meshwork and danger scanning and ingest forensic tools
- Run Windows applications safely and securely on a Mac
- Secure Mac OS X Server with Kerberos, SSL, and VPNs